Extira™ is a panel product that resists moisture, rot and termites and offers excellent performance in exterior environments. Can be used for virtually any non-structural paint grade application, including exterior millwork, door and window parts, signage, garage doors and other architectural components, as well as high moisture interior environments. Extira panels have a 5-year warranty, unprecedented in the product category.
Moisture Resistant: As measured by ASTM D1037 for water Absorbtion and thickness swelling
Rot Resistant: As measured by AWPA E-10 standard method of testing wood preservatives by laboratory sol-block cultures.
Features & Benefits
- Manufacturing process binds natural wood fibers with phenolic resins
- Sanded two sides for a smooth, unprimed surface
- Moisture, rot, and termite resistant
- Essentially formaldehyde free
- One piece solid substrate — not laminated
- Extira has a Class C fire rating; Flame spread 120; Smoke developed 95
- 5-year limited warranty
|Density||48 lb/ft3||769 kg/m3|
|Modulus of Rupture||3,600 psi||24.8 MPa|
|Modulus of Elasticity||385 psi||2654 MPa|
|Internal Bond||140 psi||965 kPa|
|Screw Holding: Face||305 lbf||138 kgf|
|Edge||280 ibf||127 kgf|
Average physical properties for 3/4” panel when tested in accordance with ASTM D1037.